Monday, June 13, 2011

Aimee Mullins: The opportunity of adversity | Video on TED.com

Aimee Mullins: The opportunity of adversity | Video on TED.com

I watch a few Ted talks a month and I've seen some incredible ones. This one is worth watching.

It struck a particular chord with me because over the past year or so I've come to realise that as nice as having hair would be, I wouldn't trade it for the experience of losing it. I've learned more about myself and come to understand more about my own power from the experience than I ever would have imagined. I'm more me because of it and I like being me!

3 comments:

mango said...

Wonderful talk. Thanks for pointing it out. Any others to recommend?

dgny said...

I really like the ones by Sugata Mitra and Sir Ken - both on education but really interesting looks at the way education needs to move in this age if we want our kids to take advantage of the information available to them!

mango said...

Ok, will check them out when I find them. I've been browsing through the list of TED talks, and can see myself drowning in videos to watch.