Sunday, May 29, 2011

A year on

This time last year I was packing up my life. I was hoping for a more interesting job and some travel...
I got both!!

On the work front I had an amazing year full of interesting challenges and best of all, got the promotion I'd hoped for. Next year holds new challenges and a great team to work with.

On the travel front, I've been to Antwerp, Paris, Nice, Prague, Singapore, Frankfurt, Rome, and Venice. Quite a bit more travel than I expected! Next year looks to be Antwerp, Vancouver, Thailand and Tanzania!

There were some surprises, too. I've spent three holidays with my sister, who is notoriously busy. I know it sounds a little cheesy, but reconnecting with her has probably been the highlight of my year!

The G turned into a man this year. It has not been an easy road, but being the mother of a 6'4" shaving deep-voiced gentleman has certainly made me realize I really can do anything I set my mind to.

So there you have it - jumping off the deep end to change your career and live in a very foreign country where you know nary a soul can indeed turn out to be the very best thing you can do!!

3 comments:

watergirl said...

This is very comforting to read! So glad it's been a great year and a great move! Here's to another one equally or more great!

Tiny said...

Very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful year. I hope you will have many more wonderful time in the coming years. The G has turned into a young man :-) A very tall one!

Keep posting about your trips! I most probably won't be able to visit any new exciting places in the next couple of years because I need to be a grateful daughter and spend more time with my family, i.e. annual trips to HK. So, I definitely look forward to hear about your trips.

dgny said...

Thanks ladies! I hope this year brings the same to you!!